Nationally Recognized Trial Lawyer
Pleasant is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers. Fellowship in the College is extended only by invitation to experienced trial lawyers and is limited to no more than one percent of the lawyers in each state. Since 2009, Pleasant has repeatedly been recognized by the Washingtonian Magazine as one of “Washington’s Best Lawyers”. He has also been named a D.C. Super Lawyer every year since 2010.
A skilled courtroom advocate and negotiator, Pleasant specializes in federal criminal litigation. He is a former Virginia Assistant Attorney General and has 30 years of courtroom experience.
Experienced in federal and state criminal defense
Being charged with a criminal offense can be an overwhelming experience. Since 1991, Pleasant has established a track record of helping clients reach favorable resolutions in criminal matters. He is well versed in the criminal justice systems of Washington, D.C and Northern Virginia. Whatever legal matter you entrust to his representation, you will receive the full force of his experience and knowledge.
All clients treated with compassion and respect
When you retain Pleasant as your attorney, you can be assured of:
- One-on-one engagement — He interacts with each client personally and with attention and understanding. You will work directly with him at every stage of your case.
- Accomplished trial advocacy — As a seasoned litigator, he is always ready to take a case to trial when other options prove unsatisfactory, a fact not lost on opposing counsel.
- Fixed-fee arrangements — Pleasant believes that every client deserves affordable legal counsel. His initial consultations are free and, when feasible, he offers clients transparent fixed-fee arrangements so that they are not blindsided by unanticipated legal expenses.
You can be confident that your case will be a top priority with Pleasant and that you will receive earnest and capable representation.
Accomplished in federal and state criminal defense
Pleasant offers Virginia, Washington, D.C. , and Maryland federal court clients proficient legal counsel in the areas of:
- White Collar Crimes — White collar criminal cases include clients charged with financial crimes. Pleasant offers a vigorous legal defense to charges of conspiracy, money laundering or various types of fraud.
- Federal Criminal Defense — Pleasant’s experience in federal criminal defense includes all types and levels of federal crimes, including charges of export control violations, money laundering and federal narcotics offenses. He has represented clients in the federal courts in Washington, D.C., Virginia, Maryland, Illinois and West Virginia.
- DUI/DWI Defense — Pleasant provides skilled representation for people charged with DUI (driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs) or OWI (operating while impaired) charges in Washington, D.C. or DWI (driving while intoxicated) charges in Virginia.
- Estate Planning — Pleasant can help you put your affairs in order using the full arsenal of estate planning tools such as wills, trusts, powers of attorney and living wills and other advance directives. Pleasant will also advocate for your rights or the rights of your heirs.
As a skilled courtroom advocate and negotiator, Pleasant always seek innovative solutions to protect your interests.
Contact us for a free initial consultation
The Law Office of Pleasant S. Brodnax, III is ready to provide you with strong and comprehensive representation. Call 202-462-1100 or contact me online to schedule a free consultation.